Monday, December 8, 2008

Self Portrait: Strobist Style

Being excited at what my brand spanking new RF trigger could do coupled with a hunger to shoot, I tried photographing my self.

It just came to me, why not experiment with a self portrait which looks like it was taken from a studio. I then looked around and found myself a clean yellow wall to be my background. I setup my Flashgun to light the background studio style. Meaning I wanted to light the wall as if the yellow from the middle fades out to black. Having created the background, i then turned to my trusty table lamp (the one I used from my glowing wine bottle picture) and used it to light my face. Armed with a Tripod, my trusty EOS 400D camera, kit lens, and a remote control for the trigger, I shot my 1st studio style picture.

Equipment used: EOS 400D DSLR, Tripod, Remote Trigger, Falcon Eye wireless transmitter and reciever, 580 EX II flashgun, Table lamp.

No comments: